14.1.10

fog.

for carrie.


dense is the mist
smothering my peace
blurring my thoughts
i cry for this pain
this pain to desist

desiring to believe
in your oh so
allusive stillness
i seek harmony
serenity
i must bury myself
in your sweet
tranquility

though i seek
i tenaciously resist
the giving of self
the breaking of me
forgetting
you see

throbbing, aching
i am all but blind
not recognizing growth
i cling to that which
i most loathe

teach this stubborn, beloved
heart of mine
to relinquish
with splendid abandonment
all that i am
so that i may receive
all that you are

pervade my fog
with your gentleness
saturate my wounds
with your tenderness

scatter my doubts
gather me close
disperse these clouds of
hesitation
chase away my
reservations

hold me
for i am shattered
restore me
i beg

i am here
erase my fears
do not disappear
please stay near
stay near.

No comments: