26.2.05

written 12-02-03

i realize that before i set limitations for myself out of fear. out of not believing enough that God's made me capable of achieving "insurmountable" dreams. when i start to dare to think that a dream is possible, Satan squashes my enthusiasm and optimism by attacking my self-esteem, my abilities, and therefore my vision and fire diminish, leaving me instead with a mediocre life. granted, one that God still uses, sine He is good. but one that could be oh so much more and one that could reach and bless so many more people.
well, not anymore. if God literally held me away from Death's grasp, and granted me wholeness, then whom am i to fear? of what limitations and temptations and trials am i afraid of? there is nothing. more pain will come. more frustrations. more wrenching losses. yet the Almighty stands with me. why tremble? why doubt? when the darkness of my own mind falls, i pray that the light of His truth will permeate it, and ultimately, vanquish it. thank Jesus for the sweet, firm words of that who love me, that help me not to sink. that is what God intended the Church for anyway. for that i am grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. It makes me realize that it is so true. The Word says God has not given us a spirit of fear. It is a verse I tell my kids all the time but sometimes I fail to grasp that myself. We are children of the Almighty God, what on Earth should we fear. Nothing. God has blessed us with this life and we choose how we use it. I choose how I use mine. Will I raise my kids to do the same? I hope so. Will you change the world with your awesome testimony and the gifts God has given you? I hope so too!!!Have an awesome day!